Linode LLC - Galloway NJ - 8.2015 to Current
Pentests & Audits
Planning & Policy
As the first and only security engineer at Linode, I was presented with the opportunity to build a security program from the ground up to meet the unique needs of the company. I initially worked on creating and implementing security standards, policies and guidelines for internal systems and new products, including audits and routine penetration testing as well as server deployment procedures. In addition to this, I also created disaster recovery and incident response policies to better prepare for immediate threats so we can properly mitigate issues in a secure and timely manner. In addition to these accomplishments, I’m also in charge of the security of all infrastructure, including vulnerability analysis and ultimately responsible for all mitigation.
- Plan And Implement Security Improvements For Over 5000 Physical Servers And Over 2000 Virtual Systems
- Mitigate Emerging Threats And Vulnerabilities
- Perform Internal Audits And Blackbox/Whitebox Penetration Tests For All Infrastructure Including Customer Facing Systems
- Creating Security Standards, Policies And Procedure Guidelines
DC Ops Engineer And Systems Admin
Linode LLC - Galloway NJ - 11.2014 to 8.2015
Deploy New Systems
Responding To Incidents
R&D, Build & Improve Tools
In my Datacenter Ops role, my primary responsibilities was to deploy new servers while keeping our existing infrastructure running. In addition to those responsibilities, I was able to create and improve some administration tools to make both deployments and troubleshooting issues easier.
- Plan And Deploy New Systems From Server Build To Stack
- Monitor, Troubleshoot and Repair Server And System Issues
- Automate Administration Tasks, Improve Existing Systems and Roll Out New Ones
Customer Systems Support Engineer
Linode LLC - Galloway NJ - 3.2014 to 11.2014
In my first position at Linode, I was responsible for troubleshooting issues with customer systems and actively mitigating attacks and threats. I was also responsible for assisting customers in deployments and migrations to our platform.
- Troubleshoot Customer System Issues
- Performing Required System Maintenance, Planning Migration Plans And Downtime
- Engineering And Deploying Systems For Customers, Including Custom Stacks And Solutions
- Mitigate Ongoing Attacks And Threats
A-Tech - Galloway NJ - 1.2013 to 1.2014
Monitoring And Maintenance
Deploying New Systems
Improving Existing Systems
As the only IT personnel at A-Tech, I was responsible for all technology owned by the company. During my time there, I was able to reduce technology spending by more than 50%, and developed a sustainable technology plan for all technology assets in the company.
- Manage And Maintain All Technology Assets
- Handle All Internal And Customer Facing Technology Issues
- Reduced IT Cost Of Operation By Over 50%
- Systems And Server Rollout, Design, And Upgrades
Synchronoss Technologies - Bethlehem PA - 7.2012 to 12.2012
Existing System Integration
At Synchronoss, I was in charge of a team that planned and executed migrations for a few large clients. I also had the opportunity to engineer systems that allowed for consolidation during the migration.
- Created A Migration Proposal For Approval And Rollout
- Performed Large Scale Migrations Of Critical Infrastructure
- Created Network and Data Redundancy Plans
Junior Systems Engineer
United Parcel Service - Bethlehem PA - 7.2012 to 12.2012
Deploying New Systems
During this work study program, I was part of the SysAdmin team in charge of all production systems for the company. I gained a great amount of real world exposure and invaluable practical experience during my time there.
- Monitoring Server Status And Correcting Server Issues
- Provisioning Groups And Users As Needed In The Required Systems
- Deploying New Base Systems